Current Openings (Last Updated: 8/24/2016):
Work Location: Orange Crescent School, Garden Grove, CA
Work Hours: On Call as needed between M-F 7:30am-3:30pm
Compensation: Competitive compensation
Performs duties of a teacher or teacher assistant to provide continuuity of day to day responsibilities with students during the absence of the regular teacher or teacher assistant. Assignmnet may be in Toddler, Preschool, or Pre-K classrooms, or Elementary and Middle school classrooms, depending upon need.
- Maintains quality interaction with the children to promote critical thinking and activel earning
- Provides instruction, as needed, according to plans as prepared by the regular classroom teacher and manages or helps to manage as the case may require, classroom behavior and environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the appropriate supervisor or administrator
- Uses appropriate judgement to act in the best interests of students at all times
- Maintains daily classroom routine
- Adheres to Orange Crescent School's policies and procedures
- 6 early childhood education units
- Livescan Background Clearance
- AA or BA Degree in Child Development Preferred
- First Aid and CPR certifications
- 1+ years in Preschool/Pre-K as a teacher or Teaching Assistant Preferred
- Physical ability to lift 30 lbs.
Upper Grades Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Liberal Studies/Arts, Child Development, or other education related major.
- A professional preliminary or clear multiple-subject teaching credential or equivalent
- 1-2 years of teaching experience preferred
- CPR Certified
Deadline: Open until position filled